Mushroom Medley & Cream Cheese Toast
Impress your guests over brunch with this simple barbecued dish of fresh, toasty sourdough, a thick layer of cream cheese, and buttered, barbequed, mixed Below Farm mushrooms, topped with our Indonesian Tomato Sambal!
BBQ-ing is one of our favourite ways of cooking, and we think you can make anything taste great with the smokey chargrilled taste, and our Indonesian Tomato Sambal just pairs so well with this breakfast dish. We’ve used a variety of Below Farm’s mushrooms, as they are all bursting with different flavour profiles and textures - in this recipe, we’ve used their Pink and Silver Oyster, Lion’s Mane and Shiitake mushrooms!
- 300 grams Below Farm Mixed Mushrooms of your choice. We used Lions Mane, Shiitake and Pink/Silver Oyster mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ½ tbsp good quality butter
- Olive oil
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 - 3 tbsp Cream cheese
- Fresh sliced Sourdough bread
- 1 Avocado sliced
- Pure Harvest Cherry Tomatoes
- Indonesian Tomato Sambal
- Microgreens garnish (optional)
- Heat your BBQ or large frying pan over high heat then add all of butter. Fry the crushed garlic cloves for 1 minute and add the mushrooms until golden brown. Set aside when cooked
- Add Cherry Tomatoes to the BBQ and cook until they’re blistering from their skins
- Drizzle enough olive oil on the grill. Crack your eggs and cook until desired cooking temperature (we prefer a runny egg)
- Toast your sliced bread and spread a nice thick layer of cream cheese on each slice. Assemble your sliced avocado and drizzle with olive oil
- Serve your cooked mushrooms on top, then eggs and our Indonesian Tomato Sambal as the finale!