Chilli Edamame Hummus
A perfect healthy and vegan snack with a Chilli Oil twist. Substitute your chickpeas with edamame beans. This can be served as a dip or a side dish to your mains.
- 1.5 cups shelled edamame beans
- 1/3 tahini
- 4 TB fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of salt (adjust to your preference)
- 6 TB of olive oil
- Chopped coriander, sesame seeds and spring onion for garnish
- Chinese Chilli Oil
- Place edamame into a large pot and cover with salted water. Place over medium-low heat, bring to a simmer, and cook until tender.
- Crush garlic with your knife. Add edamame, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, cumin, and blend until smooth. If you prefer it runnier, add a few TB of water or olive oil.
- Serve in a bowl, drizzle our Chinese Chilli Oil on top and sprinkle chopped coriander, spring onions and sesame seeds as garnish. Serve as a dip with crackers, carrot sticks or bread.