Chinese Chilli Clams
The briny, sweet notes of the fresh clams pairs so wonderfully with our best-selling Chinese Chilli Oil in this recipe. And since our Chilli Oil is packed with so many complex, rich flavours from over 19 ingredients, you don't need much to elevate this dish and allow the sweetness of the clams to come through. We've used simple ingredients that you probably already have at home and it takes less than 8 minutes to cook.
Serves: 2 generously
- 1.5 kg clams
- 3 cm knob of ginger finely sliced
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Curious Elephant Chinese Chilli Oil
- 1.5 tbsp neutral cooking oil
- 1 bunch spring onions cut into 4cm strips
- Wash and soak the clams in salty water for at least an hour to get rid of any sand. Rinse and drain after.
- Heat oil in wok/pan to medium to high heat and add your garlic and ginger. Fry for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and slight golden brown.
- Add your drained and washed clams to the pan and mix for a few minutes until the clams are starting to open.
- Add spring onions, Curious Elephant Chilli Oil, oyster sauce and continue to mix until you start to get a thicker consistency. If it gets too watery, remove some liquid and allow it to simmer down.
- Serve immediately with rice or stir fried noodles.