Fried Crispy Fish with Green Mango & Coconut Salad
This salad will blow you away with its taste bud-awakening flavours and variety of textures with green mango, coconut and our Malaysian Chilli Sambal. The texture of the green mango is crisp and crunchy, and the flavour is sweet but sour, a little like a green apple. It's just amazing when shredded and prepared in a salad like this.
- 2 Tilapia fish or sea bream cleaned and descaled
- 1 cup sunflower oil for frying
- 2-3 small green mangoes, thinly shredded using a vegetable grater
- 1 medium thinly sliced red onion
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of grated palm sugar
- 30 grams toasted coconut or flakes (until golden)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Malaysian Chilli Sambal
- Combine your mango, red onion, toasted coconut, coconut oil, palm sugar, salt and a big spoonful of Malaysian Chilli Sambal in a small bowl and mix - set aside.
- Cut and score your fish, season with Maggi Sarap (magic seasoning) on the inside of the fish and both sides.
- Heat up a medium sized pan with 1 cup of sunflower oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, gently place your fish in the pan. Fry each side on medium heat for about 6 to 10 minutes until crispy.
- Serve with rice, mango salad and more Malaysian Chilli Sambal.