Chilli Prawns & Okra
This is a dish that will blow your trunks off with an explosion of delightful combination of flavours with simple ingredients and a few spoonful’s of our products.
The secret to this dish is to use fresh prawns and cook off the prawn head juices with a potato masher.
500 grams diagonally sliced okra
20 pieces of regular sized prawns
6 tbsp Neutral oil
1 large brown onion
1 tbsp Malaysian Chilli Sambal
1 tbsp Chinese Chilli Oil
Optional soy sauce or salt to taste
- Remove the heads from the prawns, peel, devein and separate them in different bowls
- Slice 1 large brown onion
- Wash and diagonally slice okra and trim the stem end
- Heat a medium size pan over medium heat with 4 tbsp neutral oil and fry off the prawn heads and use a potato masher to squeeze out all the juices and flavours (very important). Cook for around 1-2 minutes until you the juice is reduced. Add peeled prawns and cook for another 2 minutes and remove from the pan.
- Discard the prawn heads and use only the prawn meat
- Fry off sliced onion until to a golden brown with remaining oil and add sliced okra and cook for 2 -3 minutes
- Add cooked prawn meat to the onion and okra mixture
- Add 1 tbsp of Curious Elephant Malaysian Chilli Sambal and 1 tbsp Chinese Chilli Oil, cook and stir for a further minute
- Serve immediately with steamed rice